Skip to main content

Learn Thai Vocabulary | Trans Fat ไขมันทรานส์

Recently, The Public Health Ministry ban on trans fat in Thailand. Trans fat or ไขมันทรานส์ /kǎi-man traan/ is normally found in bakery foods or doughnuts that use margarine, non-dairy creamer, condensed milk and shortening as ingredients. For example, cakes, cookies, croissants, pizzas, French fries, doughnuts, fried chicken, etc.
And also drinks that use non-dairy creamer.
Anyway, it doesn’t mean that you cannot eat bakery food any longer as different bakeries have different qualities of their ingredients. You need to focus on the nutrition facts label more than before.
Trans fat is one of the significant reason to cause many diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension and heart disease.
So please be more careful with your food and stay healthy na ka!

Vocabulary
ไขมันทรานส์ /kǎi-man traan/ = trans fat
โรคเบาหวาน /rôok bao-wǎan/ = diabetes
โรคความดันโลหิตสูง /rôok kwaam-dan-loo-hìt sǔung/ = hypertension
โรคหัวใจ  /rôok hǔa-jai/ = heart disease
เนยเทียม /nǝǝi tiam/ = margarine
ครีมเทียม /kriim-tiam/ = non-dairy creamer
นมข้น /nom kôn/ = condensed milk
เนยขาว /nǝǝi kǎao/ = shortening
เค้ก /kéek/ = cake
คุกกี้ /kúk-gîi/ = cookie
ครัวซองก์ /krua-sͻͻng/ = croissant
พิซซ่า /pít-sâa/ = pizza
เฟรนช์ฟราย /frén-fraai/ = French fries
โดนัท /doo-nát/ = doughnut
ไก่ทอด /gài tͻ̂ͻt/ = fried chicken
ฉลากโภชนาการ /chà-làak poo-cha-naa-gaan/ = nutrition facts label

See you next posts ka!
Jang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn Thai Verb to Be (2) | อยู่ /yùu/

In this blog we will learn verb to be, อยู่ /yùu/. อยู่ /yùu/ is used when you when to describe where the subject is located, so it comes with preposition. Click here to find more prepositions in Thai. >>> Prepostions Pattern: Subject + อยู่ /yùu/ + Preposition + Location For example: บ้านของเขาอยู่ตรงข้ามโรงเรียน /bâan kͻ̌ͻng káo yùu dtrong-kâam roong-rian/ = His/ Her house is opposite the school. หนังสืออยู่บนโต๊ะ /nǎng-sʉ̌ʉ yùu bon dtó/ = The book is on the table. ห้องน้ำอยู่ข้างๆ ห้องครัว /hͻ̂ͻng-nám yùu kâang-kâang hͻ̂ͻng-krua/ = The toilet/ bathroom is beside the kitchen. Negation:  Subject + ไม่อยู่ /mâi yùu/ + Preposition + Location OR Subject + ไม่ได้อยู่ / mâi dâi yùu/ + Preposition + Location For example: บ้านของเขาไม่อยู่ตรงข้ามโรงเรียน /bâan kͻ̌ͻng káo mâi yùu dtrong-kâam roong-rian/ = His/ Her house is not opposite the school. หนังสือไม่ได้อยู่บนโต๊ะ /nǎng-sʉ̌ʉ mâi dâi yùu bon dtó/ = The bo...

Learn Thai Phrases| Romantic Thai Phrases

Happy Valentine’s Day! Can you feel love in the air? Today I have 14 romantic phrases so you can use with your loved one. Please remember: ผม / pǒm/ - I, me for male speakers ฉัน / chán/ - I, me for female speakers 1. I love you. ผมรักคุณ / pǒm rák kun/ ฉันรักคุณ / chán rák kun/ 2. I am falling in love with you. ผมตกหลุมรักคุณ / pǒm dtòk lǔm rák kun/ ฉันตกหลุมรักคุณ / chán dtòk lǔm rák kun/ 3. You melt my heart. คุณทำให้ใจผมละลาย  / kun tam-hâi jai pǒm lá-laai/ คุณทำให้ใจฉันละลาย  / kun tam-hâi jai chán lá-laai/ 4. I secretly love you. ผมแอบรักคุณ / pǒm ɛ̀ɛp rák kun/ ฉันแอบรักคุณ / chán ɛ̀ɛp rák kun/ 5. Love at first sight. รักแรกพบ / rák rɛ̂ɛk póp/ 6. Do you believe in destiny? I did not, until I met you. คุณเชื่อเรื่องพรมลิขิตไหม ผมไม่เคยเชื่อจนกระทั่งได้เจอคุณ /kun chʉ̂a rʉ̂ang prom-lí-kìt mái? pǒm mâi kǝǝ...

Learn Thai Vocabulary | Sickness and Symptoms

Achoo!! Oh, I am sorry. Today I woke up with a headache and runny nose. I have a cold as the weather changed. Hope you guys are ok. In this blog, I have vocabulary about sickness and symptoms for you guys. Let's check them out!   1. ปวด /bpùat/+ body parts = pain, ache, sore (long term)        ปวดหัว /bpùat hǔa /          = have a headache       ปวดท้อง /bpùat tᴐ́ᴐng/       = have a stomachache       ปวดฟัน /bpùat fan /          = have a toothache      ปวดคอ /bpùat kᴐᴐ /          = have a neck ache 2. เจ็บ /jèp/ + body parts      = hurt (surface or short term) เจ็บตา /jèp dtaa/             = eyes hurt (because something inside)   เจ็บหัว /j...